Well at times it has been a struggle but finally we can say that we have launched the MVP of our long term vision for Phlex.
What started as a small idea nearly 2 years ago has led us on an exciting journey. At times it felt like this would never happen. and I am pretty certain a few people thought – what they hell are they doing?
So here is a little but of what we have done to get to this point:
- Mid 2017 formed Phlexco company
- September – December 2017: attended Espark pre-accelerator
- Jan – June 2018 Research into co-working, users and the environment with the University of Portsmouth and own market research
- Jan 2018 – Set up first basic Phlex website
- March 2018: set un initial reward partnership with Village Hotels VWorks Clubs to start a first local community. Thank you so much to those first early members – you know who you are!
- March 2018 – Semi finalists in JustDevelopIt competition
- November 2018: brand development. Thanks Dean Howard at Type Twenty Five
- December 2018 – kick off MVP build (self-funded)
- Feb 2019 – Launch own boutique co-working space in Portsmouth – Because you know we felt like we didn’t have enough else to do.
- March 2019 – set up local Freedom Pass with other co-working providers – to support and promote other spaces, and to provide a range of offers for the local business community.
- May 2019 – set up co-working working group to talk through challenges and trends with other spaces
- May 2019 – MVP goes live
This really is MVP and the first stage. There comes a time when you just have to launch. So if you see something not quite right or a link going wrong – let us know. Actually let me know as Jill freaks out at spelling mistakes!
In the next few weeks you will see;
- Online community membership launched – around support, resilience and helping each other in business. We call in UN- NETWORKING because, well we both hate the traditional forms of networking. It is about support and friendship
- Partnerships and rewards for the solopreneur – because you shouldn’t have to be a member of a large corporate to get cost savings.
- First UN – NETWORKING event. We need a venue people of Portsmouth!
- Our first employee – a super talented Computer Science Student who will be with us for the summer as we work on stage two – Gamification!
- Increased collaboration with other spaces of all kinds to launch their own co-working communities for everyone, everywhere.